Blog Archive

Saturday, 18 October 2014

Major Brief Ideas

After researching great Photographers, I started getting inspired on how I wanted my major brief to go. I really came up with two ideas that I thought could work pretty well if done right.

Album Art of the Years


My first idea was to do a panorama of album artwork covers following a particular band or genre's development through the years. I was thinking having the album covers as the centre pieces and the background would have things relating to that period of music whet he album was made. I thought of this because music is a very passionate interest and hobby of mine being a musician myself. I have made my fair share of album covers too which can be seen on my portfolio site (once it's complete).



Moon Cycle using Exposed Light


For this one, I was thinking about the work of Denis Smith who made 'Balls of Light'. I was thinking about how a moon cycles from full to eclipse. I then remembered a music album cover I made once:


I wanted to portray the cycle of a moon in a panorama using a similar style to Denis Smith's work, a Photographer I really like the work of. It would look something like this in an Ideal world:


I used the 'Ball of Light' Idea and adapted it to look like a moon cycle. I know this may be a very difficult thing to make a reality but I will try.

No comments:

Post a Comment