Blog Archive

Saturday, 11 October 2014

Task 2 : Autumn

The next task is to take pictures of how we interpret Autumn. Taking pictures metaphorically is key here. Taking pictures of trees changing colour would be too boring and predictable so I tried to be more abstract. I hired a camera and had a look around. I took all my photos in the middle of the day for natural light, so far I have taken 30 photos but here are my favourite ones:


I took this photo because I thought it explained Autumn well. The hedge is starting to turn brown as Autumn arrives, yet you can still see a red bush through the gap. It shows a transition between what was and what is. I then went on to further develop this idea:


In this photo I wanted to focus on the transition of Autumn more effectively. You can see all the settings I used too. I focused on the hedge to show what is currently happening and I blurred out the red bush to show summer is fading. 

I then decided to use a person in the photo. It would add another layer and portray my idea better:



























Once again I blurred the more vivid bush and focused on the hedge. However, the subject of this photo is definitely the person. Her expression shines through and is so strong that it counters the blur. She almost looks sad about the end of Summer as she stares at the turning hedge. I then moved onto a photo with a more obvious contrast:


This photo really showed represented the juxtaposistion of nature. I found a pond littered with moss-type growth. I then saw a leaf on it. It created such a contrast and described Autumn  perfectly. One of my favourites. 

Next I wanted to include a different living subject in my photo:


I took this because it shows how resilient nature can be. A spider's web can survive through all seasons. The web represents a security and how even if life changes around you (like the leaves changing colour) life still goes on. I like how the spider is the same colour as the brown leaves, it creates an accent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment