Another thing I learned about was picture formats and how images are made. I already had a decent amount of knowledge about Bitmaps and Vectors but the teacher went into a greater detail than I knew. Such as how the images are actually processed. The general idea between Bitmaps and Vector images is that vectors do a bit more guessing work to than Bitmaps to produce a quicker, smaller file, the speed of the image creation means when the image is scaled to be huge, it looks the same as before with no drop in quality. However the guessing of colours and shape of the image sacrifice detail to make simpler images.
Contrary to Vectors, Bitmaps take into account every little detail, pixel by pixel, thus creating a more detailed yet slower, larger file. Being more detailed and slower, when resizing a bitmap to a larger size creates pixelation (worst quality) Each has their own merits and problems.
I learned in more detail what sort of image file formats there are and which one to use and avoid for photography. I know a lot of image formats but I learned more too. I also learned how cameras and any computer renders images. Any processor relies on little switches which move depending on the binary number system. if a 1 appears, the switch is on and if 0 appears then the switch does nothing. The higher number of switches and the closer they are together, the more quicker and detailed things can be. It was very interesting learning this because I couldn't get y head around it in the past but now I know.

No comments:
Post a Comment