Blog Archive

Thursday, 2 October 2014

Task 1: Me, You and Maybe the Dog (Follow Up)

After completing the first part of the face merging. I went home and made the side view version. I prefer this one to the one I did in the lecture because I think my technique improved. Here is the work in progress:



Getting my face to line up with the other student's face was a bit more tricky from side angle. This is because it reveals the width of the persons body more. I ended up tilting my body forwards a bit to line up with the other student. The transparency tool helped a lot here. Here is the finished image (left one) in comparison to the original image (on the right):



So for this I used my photo as the dominant one and therefore put it as the foreground. I then added features from the other photo that I thought would look good. Such as the hair as I have not much hair. I added the ear ring too and the nose. I'd say it looks pretty natural. The thing I would have done next time would be to stand in a similar posture as in the other photo so that the lining up process wasn't as taxing.

Once I finished this, I did more experimenting with image manipulation and I decided to make a caricature of the finished photo above. Using various tools, this was the result:


No comments:

Post a Comment